Saturday, March 12, 2011

Stuff In my head..

Well, I haven't written in here in quite a while. fail. Life has been busy, what else can I say. Anyways, I have had a lot on my mind lately and I thought I would post some of my random thoughts.

#1. I know my last post was on contentment. I guess i have issues with it, because God's still working with me on it. But i can truthfully say, I'm getting better. There are a few books I have been reading that have helped with it. Crazy Love, by Francis Chan, is one of them. [http://www.francischan.org/] It's by far one of the best books I have ever read. This book has really helped me learn contentment for one reason. It has really shown me how much I love My Jesus. He is all I need and nothing else. I just need to remember how much HE loves me. I have found that if I focus all my attention on Christ, plunge myself into all that he has done for me, it is much easier to be content in His love. No person, foreign country, job, ministry, newest technology or anything else can compare to His Love for me. what else do i need? Nothing.

{Some other great books I've been reading lately are "Don't waste your live"-John Piper, "Radical" - David Platt, and.. The Bible. <-- thats a good one, for certain. :) }
#2. Family means so much. So why do we treat them like they are least important? It's ridiculous really. Think about it. We treat the ones we love the most, so substandard. Because we know deep down in our hearts that no matter how hateful we talk or how vexatious we may be, our family will always be the ones who will love us no matter what we do. This has been on my mind a lot lately. Maybe it's because I am so guilty of it. This is something I'm working on.. But I encourage you to examine your self. Does your family know how much they really mean to you?

#3. I don't have a #3 at the moment. well. I actually do, but it's not ready to share yet. So when it is, it'll be up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment