Monday, January 3, 2011

Mercy

I was at church the week after Christmas and our Preacher talked about something I had never thought too much about. Mercy. I always thought I knew what it was, but i now realize had never fully grasped its meaning.

Mercy:
a. Compassion or forbearance shown especially to an offender or to one subject; lenient or compassionate treatment.
b. Compassionate treatment of those in distress.

As I listened to My pastor explain what all mercy entitles and how I can gain it, I was convinced more and more that I wanted to have it. I want to show mercy to my family, friends, those that are suffering from heartaches and trials in their lives....everyone. God is so merciful to my sinful self every day, that I in return can only hope to portray a few traits of my maker.

Jude 1:21 says "Keep yourselves in the love of God. looking for the MERCY of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal Life."

This year I have decided, along with many more of my friends, to pick a word for 2011. I got this idea from www.gritandglory.com I would encourage all of you to read her post titled "one word." and consider praying about a "word for the year" yourself. :)

As you can easily guess, I decided on the word Mercy. It is such an important quality that is so easily over looked. (or has been in my life).

Mercy. It's a sketchy word. Hard to define. But this year I plan on defining it with my Life.

1 comment:

  1. =) i liketh it!! can't wait to hear more about it. miss you muchly

    ReplyDelete