Friday, May 14, 2010

I love my crazy Life.


This is my brother Josiah and me. :)

Holy. Cow.
This week has been a crazy one.
Let me retract that. This whole month has been a crazy one.
First off, My nephew and his mom moved in, so that has made things a little bit crazy. FUN!..but crazy!
Next off, I had a ton of assignments to do for not only AE, but for finishing up High school too.
Graduation Pictures had to be made.
Family situations.
Friends.
And many more things were buzzing around in my head and I felt so overwhelmed.
I felt like I was slipping. Like I fell off the edge of a ginormous cliff and was holding on for dear life. I didn't quite know how to get back up, but i knew i wasn't going to let go. "Keep holding on...keep holding on" I told my self. Something good is going to happen. I will get relief someday.
Days went on, I kept hanging on..weeks went on.. nothing happen. Except that my fingers got awfully tired of hangning on to that ledge. I started getting weak. But I determined I would not give up.
Then it happen. Just how it always does. When I think I'm about to fall off and fade into oblivion. dead. He rasies me up off the edge and puts me on solid ground.
God is amazing, let me just tell you that. Right now I have so much going on in my life, but i have such peace. If you asked me why, the only thing i would know to tell you is "God did it" becuae seriously, thats all I know. He gave me this peace. Thats what I love most about Him. That I can't explain how He does it and i can't understand how big he really is. That fact makes it all the more awesome. :). Now, with my heart at peace and not worried about anything, because I know he will take care of it, I am having such fun this week with my family preparing for grad, grad reception, and all that exciting stuff. I love my family so much.

All to say, I wanted to share with you a song that I am playing with my slideshow for my graduation reception. I thought is was a really cool song that makes you think about what you are doing with your life. Plus, I had to include a song, I always do ;)

Life Means So Much
-Chris Rice

Every day is a journal page
Every man holds a quill and ink
And there's plenty of room for writing in
All we do is believe and think
So will you compose a curse
Or will today bring the blessing
Fill the page with rhyming verse
Or some random sketching


Teach us to count the days
Teach us to make the days count
Lead us in better ways
That somehow our souls forgot
Life means so much
Life means so much
Life means so much


Every day is a bank account
And time is our currency
So nobody's rich, nobody's poor
We get 24 hours each
So how are you gonna spend
Will you invest, or squander
Try to get ahead
Or help someone who's under


Teach us to count the days
Teach us to make the days count
Lead us in better ways
That somehow our souls forgot
Life means so much
Life means so much
Life means so much


Has anybody ever lived who knew the value of a life
And don't you think giving is all
What proves the worth of yours and mine


Teach us to count the days
Teach us to make the days count
Lead us in better ways
That somehow our souls forgot
Life means so much


Every day is a gift you've been given
Make the most of the time every minute you're


Life means so much...what are you going to do with yours??

3 comments:

  1. I love the lyrics to the song Beka!!
    Keep up the good blogging=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebekah!
    Great post! Your grad reception was so great - I really enjoyed the pictures.:)
    You are doing an awesome job with your blog. Keep up the good work!
    By the way, I love that song too.:) It reminds me of Michael Card's song called Poem of Your Life (one of my favorites!).
    See you tomorrow!
    Baylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beka! Congratulations on graduating! :-)
    I really liked that song. Great reminder to make the most of the precious time God gives us, because time IS short.

    Hope you have a fantastic rest of your week!:-)

    ReplyDelete