Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bek visits D.C :)

Well today was day two in my epic journey across Eastern America ad it was...well, Epic. ;)
We stayed the night at a really awesome Hotel called "The Legacy" where we all had a super duper good rest 'cuz we were exhausted. (except Caroline :P ) We first walked two blocks to the metro, which we rode into D.C. ok.. Metro's are awesome. I felt like I was in the music video "Bad Day".. if you haven't ever seen that, go look it up. (Bad Day: Daniel Powter) It's just like in the movies!
After we all hopped off the metro we went to this like "mini metro mall" that had a food court. I got coffee. :D We proceeded from there to THE CAPITOL! It is amazingly big and gorgeous, just like everything else in the city..[I really need to get a card reader soon to put pics up! :( ]
We went through security at the Capitol then went and got in line to take the tour. It was legit! The Rotunda is huge!!!! -- and high!!! I have lots of pics of the capitol that I promise to put up asap ;)
From there we went to the Botanical gardens [where I got some awesome pics] and then two of the Smithsonian's. Lastly we went to the White House! Its... really white. and hugenormous.. and pretty :) we took lots of pics.. well I could say a lot more, but its 12:36am, and my feet feel like they might die very soon, so I bid you Buonanotte, sleep tight ;)
[tomorrow includes Mount Vernon and Gettysburg!! Pyched!!!]

1 comment: