Tuesday, October 5, 2010

card reader....missing! :(

Sooo... Bad news. I am thinking that I left my card reader at home.... >:( sadness...Butttt--- (that's for Ben :P ) I do believe that I will be getting one tomorrow. :) so don't worry Mom, I'll still be posting lots of pics. ;)
But I'll go ahead and tell what I did today :) Well.. I said bonne journée to my mama and Pops, got on my flight out of Springfield and fell asleep :P Ok let me just say. The view is great up there. It's quite stellar. I was reading in a book called "Crazy Love" (by Francis Chan) while I was on my flight and he was talking about how big God really is and how creative he was when making the world. In chapter one he states. "Why would God have created more than 350,000,000,000 galaxies that generations of people never saw or even knew existed? Do you think maybe it was to make us say "God is unfathomably big?" Or perhaps God wanted us to see these galaxies so that our response would be, "Who do I think I am!?""

Psalms 19:1 says "The Heavens declare the Glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."
I thought these passages were so fitting to be reading, since I was flying 3000 feet up in the air at the time! It made me realize how small I am. How unimportant I am in the spectrum of the earth, but remembering that God, the creator of it all remembers and thinks about me more than the sands of the sea... goodness gracious that is a lot!

Well now, on to the rest of the day, :)

After I landed in Harrisburg I met Caroline Rodgers ( :D ) and her family. They are all awesome and really fun! I know I am going to have a blast this nest week and a half!
We went straight from the airport to Arlington National cemetery. That was quite a sight! AMAZING! (I'll have pictures asap!!) We also got to watch the changing of the guards at the tomb of the unknown soldier. That was very sobering and awesome.

After a walk around Arlington ad a ton of pictures, we left and went to Jefferson Memorial... It is BIG. and we got some awesome pis there as well. Caroline, Aminda and I also almost got ran over multiple times by road raging bicyclists. ;)

We went from there to The Lincoln Memorial, where we also saw the vietnam wall, the Washington monument, and we would see the tip of the Capitol.
Caroline and I got some really legit pictures there, the sky had lots of clouds and it was kinda blueish purple, so they are awesome. (can't wait til they are one my computer!!)

After we headed towards the Legacy hotel in Maryland. (Btw, all the little states up here are all so close together! your in PA one second, VA the next then all the sudden your in D.C.. its very interesting..) Well..its midnight and I am tired, so I will hopefully get a card reader tomorrow, so for now I bid you Buona sera. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment