Sunday, October 10, 2010

The BIG Apple!

Well.. Today was amazing! Yesterday was too, but I didn't have Internet access so I'll have to write about all of it now. :)
I'll start with yesterday. So we went to NYC. it was...BIG. I haven't ever seen anything that big. It was like my eyes weren't big enough to handle it and take it all in! GINORMOUS!
When we first went through the tunnel I was really getting excited, but then once I could see the NYC skyline it was overwhelmingly big. I can't really describe how big it was. :P
So after I got over my shock of the "bigness" of it all we headed to the Statue of Liberty.
(FYI I am going to post pics in a different post because its super hard to put them all in the one that I'm writing..for some reason. :P)
So, The statue of liberty is stellar. :) Bigger than I ever imagined. I got some really nice shots of it too. It was also really cool to be able to see Ellis island and hear them talking about the history of it and the people who came over from all the different countries by way of Ellis Island.
After that we saw ground zero, which is pretty much just a big construction site at the moment, and then.... Times Square! It was Big, Bright, shiny, crowded, chaotic, and everything I thought it would be. Oh my word, those Big screens on the building are rather ginormous. Caroline said I looked like a lost puppy because my eyes were so wide when we were walking down Times square :P Every time I saw something Else's I'd have to stare at it and takes pics for a minute or two. haha

We ate dinner at Times squares Micky D's then I got to go into the M&M world for a little while. that was cool. 3 stories of M&M stuff!!! (It was awesome Bethany!!) :P

After that we headed to one up Carolines friends house about an hour away who so sweetly put us up for the night. ;)

The next morning we got to sleep in a little *major happy dance for that* and then we headed to church.... at the Brooklyn Tabernacle!!! Oh goodness was it amazing or what!! The singers were outstanding and the preaching was spot on :D I totally enjoyed every minute of it.

After church Caroline, Aminda and I headed down to grab some **Starbucks** :D then hit Subway for lunch. After that we went to Chinatown! It was really cool and I bought some coolio stuff there. I also argued with a couple merchant dudes about how much I'd pay for stuff. haha that was fun.

Then we went to Central Park. Which i loved :) It was really cool! When we first got there we heard drums, so we went towards them and there were a bunch of dudes drummin away with people like street dancing, then right next to them was a BUNCH of people skating around and dancing.. haha.. it was awesome. There were lots of musicians just playing on the corners and they were all really good. I even saw a cellist :)
Well that about sums it up! I am having a blast and I am so thankful God gave me the opportunity to come up here!!! Carolines family is so awesome and she ain't bad herself ;)

Sorry this is so short and quick but I am exhausted!! I miss everyone sooo soo much! but I am having a blast and I'll see you soon!!! ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Brooklyn Tabernacle??? NO WAY!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!! I would go to NYC just to visit that!

    ReplyDelete