Thursday, October 7, 2010

Long Day!

Wow, what a day. I thinks its been the longest so far. But EPIC !

It all started with packing up my stuff and leaving the hotel at 7:42 this morning. We were tired.

We ate at this really awesome pancake place ( me and Aminda had choc. chip pancakes and they were boss.) then we headed for Mount Vernon.



This place was seriously incredible. It was gorgeous out there and we got some really great pictures :) We watched a video on Washington and then we went and saw his mansion, tomb and a bunch of other buildings on his land. It was sweet!







After that we ate a quick lunch and headed for Gettysburg (about 2 hours away) After we got there Caroline and I went into the museum and watched a video on the Battle of Gettysburg then we saw a Cyclorama of a painting that was of the civil war. Here's some of those pics from it.


After that we went into the museum and gift shop where me and Caroline were stalked my three junior High boys for about an hour. It was pretty darn funny. We laughed. ;)
We also went out on to the Battle fields and got some awesome pictures of the different monuments out there.
So after that we headed home.. here is where the day got interesting..(that was about at 6:00pm) We got about 40 minutes away, stopped to eat at Arbys, and that is where is all went down. I started looking for my wallet because i needed it to buy dinner, but for some reason it wasn't in the seat where I thought I had put it. We looked EVERYWHERE. This is a really bad thing, because I had my debit card, passport, licence and a whole lot of money in it.(this is the part where ya'll will start laughing because i am such an idiot, but oh well.. I had a long day. :P) anyways, Carolines dad, Caroline and I looked everywhere, but it wasn't in the vehicle. Well, to sum it all up, Carolines dad decided that we should go back to Gettysburg and find a park ranger.
On the way to Gettysburg all I could do was pray. I knew it was really the only thing to do since my wallet was in Gods hands. Mrs. Rodgers, Caroline and Aminda all prayed that my wallet would be recovered. I had this total peace come over me after we prayed and I knew that whatever happen, that God was going to take care of me and my wallet. :)
About thirty minutes later we arrived back at Gettysburg. Mr. Rodgers (who is a retired F.B.I. agent) found the park ranger station (which was pretty much just a house) and pulled up in the drive. He knocked for about 5 minutes then finally decided that tey just weren't coming out. Se we headed for the Gettysburg visitors center ourselves, hoping that maybe the cleaners would be there. The place was dark, empty, and very badly secured :P We looked around for a few minutes then went back to the car. When we got in we saw from behind headlights. Thinking it was a ranger we started to drive up, but the car took off towards the exit. Mr Rodgers chased him. :) We sped down the road in search of the ranger but it seemed to have disapeared. So we went back to the center to see where it had gone. When we got back there was just some random car (most likely a tourist) wondering around. haha.. Oh well, guess it wasn't a park ranger.
Mr Rodgers then decided to see if he could find the local police station to see what they could do to help. while we were looking we passed a gas station ad there was a park ranger. Mr Rodgers swerved in and cornered him before he could get away. :P He walked up to the rangers car and the man looked like he was a bit put out, since it was about 9:00pm and he was off duty. But as soon as Mr. Rodgers showed him his F.B.I. credincials and told him what was going on the man happily took us to the visitors center. ;)
I thought I had left it in the bathroom but it wasn't there, so the ranger went and looked in the lost and found. He came back carrying my wallet! Now the only thing left was to see if everything was in it. I looked through it and there was my passport, licence, money, EVERYTHING.
GOD IS GOOD. ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!
when I called my dad to tell him, all he said was, "So are you jumping up and down praising God?" and i said "YESSS!!" ;)












4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a day. Its sounds like you are having a wonderful time up there though!
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some really great pics from that camera! Jolie especially liked the one of you in the hat! She kissed the screen and said "bek"! Y'all are really crammin the sightseein in! This may be the only time in the last year that ya go to bed and actually sleep! Haha! We love you! Glad you're havn so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow sounds like ur having toooons of fun (: miss and love u beka!! (:
    -alli (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my what an adventure.. and one I"m sure you weren't expecting to go on with the Rodgers=) What would life be without a little unexpected excitement?? Please hug yourself! From SLINKY!!

    ReplyDelete